As the holiday season continues, we wanted to pause and share some of things that we’re thankful for at the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy...
- Nancy Brennan, our first and only Executive Director, will be leaving the Conservancy, we want to add her to our list of people to thank! Her tireless efforts to help the Greenway began nearly eight years ago, before the greenway was built. Nancy will depart the Conservancy on January 15, 2013 for an exciting new role at the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco.
Our thanks to our partners and friends who make the Greenway beautiful:
- Our hundreds of volunteers who have contributed 2,171 hours working with our staff in 2012.
- Our non-profit partner WORK Inc. who keep our parks clean from 7AM-11PM, every day of the year.
- Valley Crest Landscape, who donated people, equipment and expertise to fix drainage issues in our Fort Point Channel Parks.
- YouthBuild Boston and the EPA who helped construct our Dewey Demonstration rain garden.
- The newly formed Friends of the North End Parks who donated thousands of daffodil bulbs and dozens of volunteers to plant them with us over the course of several volunteer workdays.
Our thanks to our partners and friends who make the Greenway vibrant:
- The many groups we worked with to put on 300+ events and programs, from concerts and fitness classes to food festivals and markets.
- Our Mobile Eats food vendors, bringing delicious and innovative food to park users every day.
- The ICA, MFA, DeCordova, MIT and many others who helped bring more public art to the Greenway.
- The thousands of people who visit the gardens, enjoy the fountains, or take part in events.
- DeAnne Dupont from the Massachusetts Climate Action Network who volunteers her time to teach our Green & Grow apprentices about climate change and how to reduce their carbon footprint.
Our thanks to our Board of Directors, donors, members and supporters who help us fund new and exciting initiatives and support our operations.
And, of course, our thanks to you, whether you’re a regular park user, a member, a volunteer or donor, we thank you for your support.
From our family to yours, best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season!
-- the entire Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy staff
P.S.: We ask for your support to help us keep the Greenway organically maintained, full of activities and beautiful to look at. Please become a member of the Conservancy today.
Back to top