On June 7, 2018 at 6 in the evening, our 10th annual Greenway Gala was held on the beautiful Rose Kennedy Greenway on Rowes Wharf Plaza at High Street. This memorable evening under the stars celebrating Boston’s premier public park welcomed 400 guests and raised over half-a-million. A special thank you to all of our 2018 Greenway Gala table sponsors and guests.
This year's Event Co-Chairs were Mike Carragher of VHB and Jay Hooley of State Street and our Gala Honoree was Peter Lynch of The Lynch Foundation. Mayor Martin J. Walsh joined to make the award presentation to Peter Lynch and his daughters, Elizabeth, Annie, and Mary.
With a focus on The Greenway's organic horticulture for the evening, Boston icon, Jack Connors, conducted a humorous and spirited Live Appeal which raised a record amount in support of our organically-maintained parks.
Greenway Gala History
- In June 2017, we honored Citizens Bank. The event co-chairs were Jeff Beale of Eaton Vance and Mike Carragher of VHB.
- In June 2016, we honored Eaton Vance and gave the Greenway Vision Award to former Board Chair, Georgia Murray. The event co-chairs were Robert Beal of the Beal Family Foundation, Jerry Sargent of Citizens Bank, and Pamela A. Murray (Georgia's sister) of Rockefeller & Co with Joseph S. MacLaughlin III.
- In June 2015, we honored Goulston & Storrs. The event co-chairs were Robert Beal of The Beal Companies, Bud and Margaret Ris, and Deborah Spirio Turi, an InterContinental Residences Trustee.
- In May 2014, we honored Boston Properties. The event co-chairs were Alan Rottenberg of Goulston & Storrs, and Gil Menna of Goodwin Procter LLP.
- In May 2013, we honored Amalie M. Kass. The event co-chairs were Lawrence Fish formerly of Citizens Financial Group, and Micho Spring of Weber Shandwick New England.
- In October 2011, we honored Peter Meade of Boston Redevelopment Authority with the Greenway Vision Award. The event co-chairs were John Fish of Suffolk Construction, and Bill Van Fassen of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- In September 2010, we honored William Swanson of Raytheon Company with the Greenway Vision Award. The event co-chairs were John Fish of Suffolk Construction, and Jack Connors of Hill Holliday.
- In 2009, we honored The Greenway's new Green & Grow program.
- In 2008, we honored and brought together the Conservancy’s Founding Board who helped make The Greenway a reality.
For more information about this year's Gala and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Howard Breslau, Chief Development Officer, at 617-603-7727 or via email.
Back to top