Accounting and Finance Coordinator
Position: Accounting and Finance Coordinator
Status: Full time, Exempt
Reports to:Accounting Supervisor
The Rose Greenway Conservancy, the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway, seeks a highly motivated and reliable individual to join our team as the Accounting and Finance Coordinator. This position provides support across Conservancy departments and contributes to the smooth execution of the financial and administrative functions that enable the Conservancy to deliver engaging experiences on The Greenway. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organization and contribute to the betterment of a premier public space.
The Accounting and Finance Coordinator works with all Greenway departments to better execute and administer the functions necessary to operate and improve the park. Additionally, this role works with the Finance and Administration team to develop processes and new systems that contribute to and support growth across The Greenway. This position provides an excellent opportunity to advance your skills in accounting and finance, gain insights into non-profit leadership and develop an understanding of the nuances of nonprofit funding.
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable using Bill.com, including verifying and coding invoices, vendor setup and resolving issues with vendors as needed
- Collaborate with the Finance and Administration Team and Department leaders to process monthly credit card/expense reports, improving on processes where possible
- Perform monthly accounts payable reconciliations and resolve issues
- Work with our departments to understand and apply appropriate funding to invoices where appropriate
- Track spending for capital projects used in forecasting and reconciliation
- Prepare capital billings and supporting documentation
- Work with the Development Department to provide support for grant applications
Revenue and Deposits
- Deposit and record all donations (cash and in-kind) and collaborate with the Development Department to reconcile revenue with Salesforce.
- Collaborate with the Programs & Planning and Maintenance & Horticulture teams to record revenue (on-going contractual, volunteer, and ad-hoc third party billings).
- Complete monthly reconciliations and aging analysis of accounting receivables between Bill.com and Quickbooks.
Reporting and Journal entries
- Work with the Accounting Supervisor to ensure monthly close activities are completed on time including preparing monthly reports and reconciliations of accounts payable, accounts receivable and related tasks
- Prepare quarterly reports for key stakeholders
- Assume responsibility for recording and reconciling depreciation
- Complete monthly journal entries including preparation of related spreadsheets
- Ensure appropriate collection and tracking of vendor/contractor COIs and assist in the completion of the Workers Compensation Audit
- Assist in the compilation of information for the 990 report and preparation of schedules for the Annual Audit
- Assist in organizing and taking minutes at Board Committee meetings
- Publish quarterly reports and Committee meeting minutes on the Greenway website
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting system; identifying synergies with Salesforce, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Provide support to the Finance & Admin Department in the budget process where needed
Skills and qualifications
- Associate’s degree required; Accounting coursework/experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in:
- Managing multiple projects
- Oral and written communications
- MS Office Suite/Google-for-Work
- Attention to detail with an ability to anticipate issues, develop solutions and manage resolutions.
- Excellent team player, with a friendly collaborative mindset; delivering value to the team and the organization.
- Positive, high-energy, fun, calm under pressure.
- Passionate about The Greenway’s mission.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with full benefits.
- Work hours are generally Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required to accommodate occasional evening work.
- Work will primarily take place indoors in the office, but will occasionally require some time on The Greenway.
- Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accounting and Finance in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name.
- Cover letter
- 3 references
- No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.