Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
Title: Construction Manager
Type of Position: Contract, Part-time, Temporary (~16 weeks)
Greenway Point of Contact: Capital Projects Manager
The Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual for a part-time, temporary position as a Construction Manager for a new Greenway park at Parcel 2 at the intersection of North Washington Street, Beverly Street, Valenti Way. This position will represent the Greenway Conservancy in overseeing ongoing construction activities and providing regular updates.
The Construction Manager shall:
- Assist the Greenway Conservancy in the management of the construction of the Parcel 2 park from site prep through the completion of construction
- Attend on-site meetings with Contractor, oversee general construction activities
- Supervise and provide direction during critical construction phases
- Regularly report all construction activity back to the Greenway Conservancy
- Alert the Greenway Conservancy as unexpected construction challenges arise
- Attend final phases of design meetings to gain understanding of project
- Attend pre-construction meetings, consult with design and engineering team
- Oversee all aspects of the construction project including staging, demo, site prep, installation of hardscape elements, horticulture, lights and electrical and site furnishings
- Interact effectively with the Contractor and Conservancy staff to communicate issues and progress of the construction project
- Consult with MassDOT and BPDA representatives as appropriate
- Represent the interests of the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy in a professional manner
- Must be able to work safely on a construction site in a public park and busy urban location
Skills and Qualifications
- Construction Management or Landscape Architecture degree preferred
- Relevant work experience, training or apprenticeship may be acceptable
- Knowledge of how to properly use and maintain construction tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and proper manner required
- Possession of some or all of the following is a plus: hoisting license 1C/2A, First
- Aid/CPR/AED/BBP, OSHA 10 Construction Safety certificate, OSHA 30 Construction Safety certificate.
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisor’s license preferred
- Ten year minimum work experience in construction management knowledge and skills
- Possess strong organizational, technical and analytical skills, and contribute to a positive team environment
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of job performance
- Ability to work independently in an effective manner
- Strong mechanical aptitude pertaining to construction practices in an urban environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and commitment to a positive public experience
- Broad based experience in building trades is a plus
- Computer proficiency in common office programs such as Microsoft Office, Gmail and Google Calendar is required
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather, kneel or stand for periods of time, and able to lift 50 pounds
- This is a part-time (up to 3 days/up to 20 hours per week)
- This is a temporary position, expected to run for ~16 weeks in Summer/Fall 2020
- The work schedule is typically Monday through Friday. Benefits are not included.
- This position reports to the Capital Projects Manager
Please email the following to jobs@RoseKennedyGreenway.org with “Construction Manager” in the subject line. Each file name should begin with applicant’s last name.
- one-page cover letter
- 3 references
The successful candidate must provide references, agree to a background check and be able to gain CORI certification.
No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Greenway Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The Conservancy has won numerous awards, including for our organic landscape care and park programming. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by a range of private sources.
The Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.