Finance and Administrative Coordinator
Title: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Type of Position: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
The Greenway Conservancy, the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway, is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual to join our team as the Finance and Administration Coordinator. This position will provide support across Conservancy departments, and contribute to the smooth execution of the administrative functions that enable the Conservancy to deliver engaging experiences on The Greenway. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organization and contribute to the betterment of a premier public space.
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will assist in various Accounting and Finance functions, and support our Executive Director and Development team through coordination of Committee and Board meetings, and by providing administrative support. This position offers an excellent opportunity to increase skills in accounting, gain insights into nonprofit leadership, and advance a career in nonprofit finance and administration.
- Assist the Office and Finance Coordinator with various items including:
- Bill entry through an online Accounts Payable system
- Accounts Receivable preparation (food trucks, 3rd party billing, volunteer payments, monthly maintenance contracts)
- Recording and reconciling depreciation
- Document management including W-9s and vendor certificates of insurance
- Quarterly reporting
- Revenue entry and reconciliation as time permits
- Work with our Directors to process monthly credit card/expense reports, making improvements where possible
- Complete various tracking spreadsheets (IATS, in-kind, benefits).
- Provide data entry support for various Finance and Admin functions
- Provide support for Greenway Investment Committee meetings
- Provide support for projects related to implementation of a new accounting system
- Work with the Senior Office and HR Coordinator to:
- Complete payroll and benefits spreadsheets and journal entries
- Provide assistance to staff on office resources and technology
- Aid in office organizational projects and uniforms and supplies ordering
- Assist with document filing and scanning
- Manage shared calendars
- Serve as a point of contact to the general public, including front desk duties
Executive and Board Support (40%)
- Provide Administrative support to the Executive Director including meeting scheduling
- Manage the logistics of Greenway Board, Development, and Nominating Committee meetings (collection and posting of documents, notifications, meeting attendance, meeting room or online meeting setup, meeting minutes)
- Maintain Board orientation materials and current Board and Committee rosters
- Assume responsibility for Board and Employee Conflict of Interest forms
Development Department (10%)
- Support the Development department, as needed, during high volume periods (smaller event prep; Greenway Gala and Glow)
- Print/prepare mailings (mostly appeals, occasionally gift acknowledgements)
Skills and qualifications
- Accounts payable/receivable or accounting experience desired. Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in:
- Managing multiple projects
- Oral and written communications
- MS Office Suite/Google-for-Work
- Attention to detail is vital. Ability to anticipate issues, and work collaboratively to develop solutions, and manage resolution is important. Positive, high-energy, calm under pressure.
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with full benefits.
- Work hours are generally Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required to accommodate occasional evening work (Board meetings in particular).
- Work will primarily take place indoors in the office, but will occasionally require some time on The Greenway.
- Please email the following to jobs@RoseKennedyGreenway.org with job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name.
- one-page cover letter
- one-page resume
- 3 references
- No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.