Type of Position: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Programs and Community Engagement
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy, the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway, is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual for a full-time position as a Marketing Coordinator. Working across the organization, this position plans, directs, and implements the Greenway Conservancy’s marketing efforts, social media platform content and strategy, and communications/press relations. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization and help tell the stories of The Greenway’s award-winning contemporary art, ecological landcare, and other innovative offerings.
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
The Marketing Coordinator will work to maximize brand recognition and lead marketing initiatives, increasing public outreach through the following:
- Strategically market The Greenway and Greenway Conservancy in collaboration with the Outreach team
- Oversee development, implementation, and management of marketing programs and materials, including electronic newsletters, social media platforms, physical collateral, and any other campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally and with the Outreach team to strategically choose and creatively message the Conservancy’s work, and implement marketing initiatives that prioritize inclusive messaging
- Actively manage and assess the Conservancy’s website.
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts and facilitate online communities.
- Evaluate and monitor platform performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics
- Implement advertising campaigns, including owned media and a small amount of paid ads.
- Implement strategies for in-park marketing, such as temporary and permanent banners and signage, working closely with the Visual Design Coordinator.
- Stay up-to-date on marketing trends, strategically improving the organization’s brand identity
- Support general institutional media coverage that drives interest and engagement in The Greenway, the work of the Greenway Conservancy, and related activities.
- Pitch, pursue, and secure local, regional, and national electronic and print media (radio, television, newspaper, magazine, and online) coverage of The Greenway and Conservancy offerings.
- Support the writing and distribution of press releases.
- Serve as liaison for press and tourism organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working at or studying in a related field, including nonprofit marketing, communications, press relations, etc.
- Superior demonstrated skill in:
- strong branding sense and ability to manage diverse marketing components to support messaging
- increasing brand awareness via social media outlets
- project management, tracking, and meeting a variety of deadlines
- written and oral communication (Bilingual skills a plus, especially in Chinese languages given our proximity to the Chinatown neighborhood).
- Detail-oriented, creative, flexible, collaborative.
- Experience with social media platforms, MailChimp, and WordPress
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience working in a diverse and inclusive organization is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive Conservancy vehicles in downtown Boston to evaluate, install, and move signage.
- This is a full time (40 hours a week) position with full benefits.
- Work hours are generally Monday through Friday but flexibility is required, particularly for social media monitoring and some occasional evening or weekend shifts.
- Work will generally take place indoors, but the position will require some amount of time in the park.
- All incoming employees will be required to comply with the Conservancy’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name.
- one-page cover letter
- one-page resume
- 1-3 writing/marketing samples, including but not limited to social media campaigns
- 3 references
- The Greenway Conservancy invites and encourages minority group members, veterans, disabled individuals, women, and people of all gender identities to apply.
- No phone calls, please.
About the Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.