Marketing & Events Intern
Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
Title: Marketing & Events Intern
Reports to: Marketing & Community Affairs Manager
Department: Outreach & Programs
Type of position: Full-time, non-exempt, Summer 2021
The Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Marketing & Events internship position. This is an opportunity to join a young, dynamic organization and work to improve a premier public space in the heart of Boston.
The Marketing & Events intern will help the Conservancy connect with the diverse audience of visitors and programmatic partners that come to The Greenway. The intern will promote Greenway offerings and build support for the Conservancy through creation and distribution of written and visual content, maintaining brand consistency throughout scope of work. The intern will also have the opportunity to learn key skills required for planning and executing partner events, both recurring markets and series, and one-time events.
This is a full-time, non-permanent intern position from approximately May/June to the end of August. The work schedule is typically Tuesday through Saturday and may include occasional evening shifts.
- Generate compelling and timely content for Conservancy blog, website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), and weekly e-newsletter.
- Pre-schedule recurring content on owned social media and assist in keeping Conservancy website updated and responsive.
- Disseminate Conservancy initiatives across online platforms and calendars.
- Research and pursue increased brand awareness across Conservancy and Greenway platforms and initiatives.
- Provide assistance with digital asset management by maintaining Conservancy photo library, signage templates, etc.
- Provide on-site support for Conservancy programs that can safely occur during COVID-19, especially the Greenway Artisan Market (occurs weekly on Saturdays), the Greenway Food Truck Program, fitness classes, and other third-party events that arise.
- Support partners to ensure adherence to the Park Use Guidelines and COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Provide appropriate enforcement and record issues in need of attention
- Load in and load out events as needed
- Assist with scheduling and layouts, track program attendance, and perform other assigned projects or duties as needed.
- Contribute to effective relationships with third-party vendors, organizations, and Greenway personnel.
Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience and skill with
- Written communications and social media;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Multitasking and attention to detail;
- Creative problem-solving;
- Computer proficiency, especially Google Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to routinely drive Conservancy-owned vehicles around downtown Boston. Vehicle training will be provided.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, kneel or stand for periods of time, and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- A plus but not required
- Graphic design proficiency, including familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.);
- Written/spoken Chinese language proficiency;
- Knowledge of The Greenway, open space issues, and/or Boston/Commonwealth neighborhoods
- The position duration is ~12 weeks, beginning in May/June 2021.
- Compensation will be $13.50/hour.
- Hours are generally Tuesday through Saturday, but occasional evening and Sunday hours may be required (with advanced notice).
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current workplace guidelines, the Conservancy staff in this Department are conducting office work remotely. In-park staffing will be required on select days for programmatic needs.
- We will work with interns to receive college credit if applicable.
- Please email the following to email@example.com with “Marketing & Events Intern” in the subject line. Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name.
- One-page cover letter
- 3 References
- Writing sample OR another relevant work sample
- Applicants are encouraged to send materials soon. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Greenway Conservancy (www.rosekennedygreenway.org)
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.