Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
Title: Park Ranger
Type of Position: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Park Ranger and the Maint & Construction Supervisor
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time position as Park Ranger. This position works with all Conservancy departments to act as an ambassador and address issues that arise on The Greenway. The Park Ranger will be a mentor to seasonal and part-time rangers, working closely with the Senior Park Ranger to develop protocols and assist with other Park Ranger Department requirements.
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
- Conduct foot patrols of The Greenway regularly, complete written reports
- Log all activities in a data collection system
- Act as a Conservancy ambassador, engaging visitors, providing information, way-finding and other appropriate assistance
- Provide knowledge and information about public events and art exhibits on The Greenway
- Identify and communicate issues with Greenway infrastructure to appropriate departments
- Monitor public events and art exhibits
- Communicate park rules, address any violations
- Respond to reported incidents and calls for assistance
- Address any criminal activity that is encountered, summon help if needed.
- Collect “sharps” when found
- Address medical emergencies and summon medical help when needed
- Maintain relationships with law enforcement
- Maintain relationships with human service agencies who provide assistance for individuals on The Greenway with such needs, attending meetings as needed
Skills and qualifications
- Prior park ranger, security and/or ambassador experience preferred
- Strong customer service experience and skills, including a high comfort level interacting with all Greenway visitors
- Training or willingness to receive training in CPR, first aid and administration of Naloxone (an opiod reversal medication) preferred
- Interest in the history of The Greenway, Boston and the Big Dig or the willingness to learn about these topics is required
- Patience and interest in working with the public is required
This position is full-time (40 hours per week), year-round and non-exempt
- Flexibility is required to accommodate evening, weekend and holiday work shifts
- Benefits provided with this position include paid vacation and sick time, paid time off for holidays, pre-tax commuting benefits and health and dental insurance
- The Park Ranger position reports to the Senior Park Ranger and to the Maintenance and Construction Supervisor
- Uniforms are provided
- Please email the following to jobs@RoseKennedyGreenway.org with job title “Park Ranger” in the subject line:
- one-page cover letter
- 3 references
- Each file name should begin with the applicant’s last name
- No phone calls, please
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.