Community Engagement Ambassador
The Greenway Conservancy is seeking park-based ambassadors who will interact with children and adult visitors, engaging them in art and educational activities and providing them with guidance and information about The Greenway, The Conservancy, Greenway programming and contemporary art.
Community Engagement Ambassadors will primarily be needed from May through early October, though opportunities may be available after that time.
- Acting as a friendly, knowledgeable and approachable presence in the park and at events
- Engaging visitors with playful art activities
- Completing measurable observations and visual reporting after each shift to aid the public art program
- Prompt and professional communication with Conservancy staff
- Occasionally providing on-site support during events related to our public art program
- Interest in public art, horticulture, community engagement, public spaces, informal education, visitor communication, urban livability, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage with park visitors; experience working with a range of ages and knowledge of other languages are a plus.
- Friendly, approachable, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work outside in varying climates, to move equipment including a rolling kiosk and program materials, and to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 6 hours per month; preference is given to those who can commit to the entire season (3+ months), though shorter-term commitments (2+ months) can be negotiated.
- All volunteers must complete a general orientation as well as specialized and periodic training on our exhibitions, and must follow our volunteer policies at all times.
About The Greenway and the Greenway Conservancy (www.rosekennedygreenway.org)
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
Recruitment for 2020 will open in March and volunteers will be interviewed starting soon after. Training sessions will happen in the spring and early summer and preference is given to volunteers that can commit to these sessions. To apply, please fill out the online Art Ambassador application available on our website. www.rosekennedygreenway.org/volunteer