Fall Harvest Fun, “way better than trick-or-treating”
Overheard in the Greenway Halloween Maze:
“This is way better than trick-or-treating” – young ninjas being chased by a witch
“I can take my pumpkin home?!” – a princess and a ladybug painting pumpkins
“What a great way to bring a bit of farm to the city.” – parents watching their costumed childrem run through the maze
Last week, the Greenway welcomed almost 3,000 ninjas, princesses, masked super heroes, and other little ghouls through the Greenway Halloween Maze. Additionally over 200 pumpkins were painted and 750 free carousel tickets were given away as part of the free Fall Harvest Fun at Boston Public Market on Thursday, October 28.
We’d like to say a special thank you to our event sponsor, Liberty Credit Union, to our individual and corporate volunteers including InterContinental Boston, and to our partners:
- Mystic Scenic Studios – for the design and construction of the hay maze
- McCue the Florist – for providing the salt marsh hay
- Keown Farms – for supplying the pumpkins and cider
- Howard Buccier of Spins Unlimited DJ Service – for good tunes
- Clover and Beantown Franks ‘n Spuds – for great food
Mark your calendar now for the next free Greenway event – Bright Lights for Winter Nights – on December 21, 4-7 PM.