The Greenway belongs to all of you. And to help make it the best experience possible for local residents and visitors alike, we depend on the efforts of our volunteers. We always appreciate your service and strive to make your time with us fun, inspiring and educational.
There are lots of ways to help The Greenway grow! You can make a difference for the park, the neighborhood, and the thousands of people who enjoy The Greenway every day. What could be more fulfilling?
The Greenway Conservancy is a dynamic and growing non-profit. The successful stewardship and management of The Greenway is made possible by the hard work of our staffs and volunteers, both in the park and in the office.
We look to engage volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds, skills, and interests. We have both flexible and more regular opportunities and work individually with you to find the best fit. We look forward to introducing you to our amazing staff and having you on our team of supporters!
- Gain experience in non-profit organization and management to support career development or lifelong learning.
- Utilize your unique skills to contribute to an impactful public space in Boston.
- Be a part of a great team of Greenway staff, volunteers and partners, with the potential for behind-the-scenes access and chances to make professional connections.
- Participate in the benefits of the Greenway volunteer program and receive special offers as volunteer hours accumulate, such as an invitation to our annual Volunteer picnic, a t-shirt, and other training and event opportunities.
- All volunteers must sign a waiver form. Certain positions require a background check.
- Anyone under 18 needs to have their parent or guardian sign a waiver prior to volunteering. In general, our horticulture projects are for volunteers ages 14 and above, and any volunteer younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome your interest and application throughout the year; please note that certain positions are seasonal and it may take several weeks to process your application.