From Art to Alliums: A Tour of The Greenway
Explore The Greenway with a free walking tour of this contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. During the tour you will learn about the Greenway Conservancy’s Public Art Program, including seeing the current installations by Daniel Gordon and Andy Li and hearing about the motivations behind their work. You will also find out a little more about our garden design and favorite plants, and dive into the exciting history of our urban oasis.
- Tours are FREE and open to the public!
- Tours run on Thursday evenings at 5p, Friday afternoons at 12p, and Saturday mornings at 10:30a, and last approximately an hour, and cover approximately half of The Greenway (from Chinatown to the Wharf District).
- Tours on Thursday and Friday start at the Chinatown Gate at Auntie Kay & Uncle Frank Chin Park on The Greenway.
- Tours on Saturdays start at Rings Fountain
- Tours are led by Greenway Conservancy volunteers, who offer you an insider’s perspective of the park; the Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway.
- A tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather or volunteer availability. Cancellations will be decided by 9a the morning of a scheduled tour. Please check our website calendar or our social media for any updates.
- Please plan for the weather. You may want to bring a hat, sunblock, and water on warm days.
Private tours may be arranged. To inquire about a private tour, or to learn more about our tour program please contact the Volunteer Program Coordinator at [email protected].