Development Operations Coordinator
Position: Development Operations Coordinator
Status: Full time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking an individual with meticulous attention to detail who is passionate about the management of data and finds satisfaction in the smooth coordination of development operations for a full-time position as Development Operations Coordinator. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, young organization and contribute to fundraising efforts for a premier public space. The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors. You can read more about our mission, vision, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our website.
The Conservancy’s five-member Development team currently raises ~$2M a year for the park’s operating and capital budgets. Every member of our team will be critical to our fundraising success, which will enable the organization to expand programs, deepen community partnerships, and undertake major capital improvements.
The Development Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Development, Senior Development Officer, and Annual Fund Manager to build and maintain the data on which all fundraising efforts of the Conservancy run. The Development Operations Coordinator will ensure donor data integrity and organization; create reports that help guide department strategy and evaluation; and ensure consistency of financial records with colleagues in Finance and Administration. This position offers an excellent opportunity to increase technical skills with SalesForce, a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that is widely used among for-profit and nonprofit companies, and advance a career in development operations.
- Serve as Salesforce administrator, managing all aspects of the donor database with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Package (NPSP), and managing all app integrations.
- Execute and maintain all areas of donor record keeping, including gift processing, acknowledgments, pledge agreements, contact information, and notes.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards. Perform deeper data cleansing with Excel.
Reports & Analysis
- Use Salesforce and Excel to create fundraising reports and analysis with data visualization for departmental colleagues as needed, including for meetings of the Board of Directors and Development Committee.
- Contribute a data-informed perspective to the development of department strategies.
- Maintain Development Department Operations Manual by updating policies, procedures, and systems for Salesforce and other development operations.
- Generate and manage all mailing lists, and coordinate with the printer and mailhouse to produce printed mailings including appeals, event invitations, and holiday cards.
- Generate gift acknowledgements (text will be drafted by others on the Development team).
- Contribute to the smooth execution of our major fundraising events, the Gala on The Greenway and the Glow in the Park young professionals event, by tracking sponsorship benefit information, collecting guest names, invoicing, and printing name tags.
- Support and attend additional donor cultivation and stewardship events.
Cross-Department & External Coordination
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on revenues and receivables, reconciling monthly, quarterly, and annually with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Create, monitor, and ensure full functionality of forms in FormAssembly across the organization.
- Maintain Volunteer and Greenway Park Ranger data in SalesForce, and run reports as needed.
- Using WordPress, update website with new copy in coordination with Development and Outreach.
The Development Operations Coordinator will have the opportunity to participate in activities that increase their understanding of the Conservancy’s work, such as semi-annual all-staff park horticulture projects, field trips to peer organizations, brown bag lunch-and-learns, and staff meetings.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency with at least one CRM; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, but occasional weekend days will be required.
- Flexibility is required to accommodate evening events and occasional travel.
- There may be a need for occasional overtime, as approved by your supervisor.
- Work will generally take place indoors, but the position will require some time on The Greenway.
- Please email one-page cover letter, resume, and 3 references to: email@example.com with job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with applicant’s last name.
- The Greenway Conservancy invites and encourages minority group members, veterans, disabled individuals, women, and people of all gender identities to apply.
- No phone calls, please.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Greenway Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information,