The Greenway is a contemporary public park in the heart of Boston, where millions of visitors come to gather, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
The Conservancy has sole responsibility for managing all aspects of the Rose Kennedy Greenway, including horticulture, programming, public art, maintenance, and capital improvements.
We envision a vibrant, inclusive, and evolving gathering place that offers
- healthy green space,
- fun, engaging, and thought-provoking experiences, and
- a testing ground for new ideas.
We pursue our mission through
- park care that sustains year-round beauty, ensures safety, and models environmental stewardship;
- robust programming that showcases and supports the ingenuity and breadth of our community; and
- temporary exhibitions of contemporary public art that facilitate artistic experimentation and speak to our current moment;
raising the standard of excellence for urban park management.