The Conservancy has sole responsibility for managing all aspects of the Rose Kennedy Greenway, including horticulture, programming, public art, maintenance, and capital improvements.
We envision a vibrant, inclusive, and evolving gathering place that offers
- healthy green space,
- fun, engaging, and thought-provoking experiences, and
- a testing ground for new ideas.
We pursue our mission through
- park care that sustains year-round beauty, ensures safety, and models environmental stewardship;
- robust programming that showcases and supports the ingenuity and breadth of our community; and
- temporary exhibitions of contemporary public art that facilitate artistic experimentation and speak to our current moment;
raising the standard of excellence for urban park management.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway is a public park, and the Greenway Conservancy celebrates the diversity of all people.
We recognize that inequities have existed and continue to exist in access to public spaces, and that these inequities impact the way that many people experience public parks today. The Greenway Conservancy is committed to providing a park environment that is welcoming to racially, culturally, and economically diverse residents and visitors.
We know that excellence in the management of public spaces requires a diverse range of skills, perspectives, and experiences. We dedicate ourselves to developing and maintaining a workplace that recognizes and supports the differences of all staff, volunteers, and board members.
It is our commitment to constantly strive to make The Greenway and the Conservancy more diverse, equitable, and inclusive through every aspect of our work.