2022 Fitness on The Greenway
We invite you to stretch and unwind on The Greenway this year through FREE fitness classes across the park every Monday through Friday, with additional classes taking place on Saturdays and Sundays. This year offers a range of options including yoga, zumba, HIIT, bodyweight circuit, and labyrinth walking; there’s truly something from everyone!
This year’s lineup of FREE classes on The Greenway includes:
- HIIT by Healthworks, 5:15p-6p, May 30 – September 26* on the Rowes Wharf Lawn
- Flow Yoga by Healthworks, 6:15p-7p, May 30 – September 26* on the Rowes Wharf Lawn
*No classes will be held on 5/30, 7/4, and 9/5 in observance of holidays
- Yoga with Malaika, 5:30p-6:30p, June 14, June 28, July 12, July 26, August 9, August 23, September 6, and September 20 on the Dewey Square Lawn
- Intro to Parkour by Parkour Generations Boston (Adults/Teens ages 14 – 60+), 6p – 7p, July 12 – July 26 at High St.
- Intro to Low Impact Parkour by Parkour Generations Boston (Adult ages 40+), 6p – 7p, August 9 – August 23 at High St.
- Parkour on The Greenway by Parkour Generations Boston (Adults/Teens ages 14 – 60+), 6p – 7p, September 6 – September 20 at High St.
- BURN by Train with Theresa, 5:30p-6:30p, July 6 – August 31 at Milk St. (Class on July 6 to take place on Rowes Wharf Lawn at High St.)
- TRAIN X by B/SPOKE, 5:30p-6:15p, July 6 – August 31 on the Dewey Square Lawn
- Tea & Tranquility & Introduction: Walking the Labyrinth, 4p – 5p, May 18, June 1, July 6, August 3, and September 7 at Armenian Heritage Park
- Gentle Yoga with Age Strong Commission, 10:30a-11:30a, June 2 – September 26 at North St.
- Vinyasa Flow with Hannah, 5:30p-6:30p, June 23, July 28, and August 25 on the Rowes Wharf Lawn
- PWRD by Soca, 6p – 7p, June, 17, July 1, July 15, July 29, August 12, August 26, September 9, September 23 on the Dewey Square Lawn
- Whinercise by Socatology, 6p – 7p, June 24, July 8, July 22, August 5, August 19, September 2, September 16 on the Dewey Square Lawn (Class on June 24 to take place on Rowes Wharf Lawn at High St.)
- Gentle Morning Hatha Yoga with Eleonora, 10:30a-11:30a, June 4, August 13, August 27, and September 10 at North St.
- Yoga 4 All with Soma Yoga 5p-6p, June 26th – October 2 at North St*
- Labyrinth Walking Wellness, 2p-3p, June 26 at Armenian Heritage Park
*No classes will be held on 7/3 in observance of holidays
Soma Summer Solstice Celebration! with Soma Yoga, Saturday, June 18, 10a – 11:30a, at North St.
ZUMBA with LIZ, Saturday, June 25, 10a – 11a on the Rowes Wharf Lawn
Body Weight Circuit by InnerCity Weightlifting, Wednesday, June 22, 5:30p-6:30p on the Rowes Wharf Lawn (rain date June 30)
Popup Parkour Playground & Intro Workshops with Parkour Generations Boston, Saturday July 16 & August 27, 12p – 4p at High St.
All Levels Yoga Class with Dana, Saturday, August 6, 12:30p – 1:30p, on the Rowes Wharf Lawn
The Conservancy’s eighth year of partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts on the Greenway Fitness Program invites residents, visitors, and downtown workers to connect and discover free fitness across The Greenway.
“We’re thrilled to partner with the Greenway Conservancy once again to offer free fitness class for all ages, abilities and interests”, said Jeff Bellows, Vice President of Corporate Citizenship and Public Affairs at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. “Being active is critical for our physical and mental health and what better way to get moving than coming together as a community in the heart of Boston for fun fitness classes.”
About The Greenway and the Greenway Conservancy (www.rosekennedygreenway.org) The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (https://www.bluecrossma.org) serves nearly three million members. For more than 80 years, our company has worked hard to achieve our mission providing access to high-quality, affordable health care for the individuals, families, and businesses we serve.
We are an innovative, community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, affordable, and equitable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation’s best health plans for member satisfaction and quality.
Photo Credit: Rachel Lehman via B/SPOKE, Inner City Weightlifting, Rachel Lehman via B/SPOKE, Yoga Around Town