A Tribute to Mothers: Greenway Conservancy Presents Boston Ballet on Saturday, May 8th
We are thrilled to welcome the Boston Ballet to the Greenway this weekend in honor of Mother’s Day! On Saturday May 8, the Conservancy will host, “A Tribute to Mothers”, a day of free activities and performance from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. celebrating mothers and caregivers. The day will feature a special outdoor performance by the Boston Ballet Orchestra with artists from Boston Ballet, and includes fun activities for all ages including kids’ games, dance lessons, pampering for mom, and free give-a-ways.
The events will take place in the Wharf District Parks (between Milk Street and East India Row).
The event will include:
- Music performances by the Boston Ballet Orchestra with Music Director and Principal Conductor Jonathan McPhee
- Performance of The Dying Swan by Boston Ballet company dancer Dalay Parrondo
- Free give-a-ways (flowers, chocolates and more)
- Spa/Massage/Yoga demonstrations with local salons and health and fitness specialists
- Youth games with the YMCA of Greater Boston
- Interactive dance lessons led by Boston Ballet School faculty
- Rose’s Life – a walking tour of the life of Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy developed by the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy and The Boston Women’s Heritage Trail
Visit our event website for a full schedule of events.
“A Tribute to Mothers is a signature Greenway event, the Conservancy’s gift to mothers and caregivers and those who aspire every day to make the world a better, kinder place,” said Nancy Brennan, executive director, Rose F. Kennedy Greenway Conservancy. “We are thrilled to provide everyone with free access to world-class artistic performances, and to do so in a beautiful, vibrant, innovative park setting. It’s our way of delivering on the promise of what the Greenway is – and can become – for residents and visitors alike.”
“Boston Ballet is excited to celebrate Mother’s Day with the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway Conservancy,” said Jonathan McPhee. “The Greenway is a unique and beautiful space in Boston and this is the perfect opportunity for two of the city’s organizations to come together for a very special day.”
For more information on this collaboration between the Conservancy and Boston Ballet, download our press release.
Greenway media contact: Lisa Quackenbush, cuePR, 781.275.6705 (office), 781.801.0347 (cell), LisaQ@cuepr.com
Boston Ballet media contact: Mariel MacNaughton, 617.456.6231, email@example.com