COVID-19 | A Message from the Greenway Conservancy
Maintaining a healthy Greenway is a central part of the Greenway Conservancy’s mission. As we all practice physical distancing during this challenging time, we hope access to the outdoors can be a comfort.
The Conservancy is closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and has made changes to our day-to-day operations and care of the park, including:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-use surfaces in the park
- Requiring staff to work remotely when possible
- Canceling all volunteer events in the park until May 4, per the Governor’s updated non-essential business emergency order
- Encouraging visitors to the park to follow Mayor Walsh’s April 5 new measures for social and physical distancing, including wearing a face covering over their mouth and nose when in public and to stay home from 9p to 6a each day
The latest changes to our programming can be found below. Please be sure to check our online calendar for the latest details, and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- The Greenway Carousel at the Tiffany & Co. Foundation Grove will be delaying its opening until further notice. Bring your favorite Greenway Carousel creatures home by downloading a FREE sample of our Greenway Carousel Coloring Book! Explore native New England creatures of land, air, and sea with our downloadable PDF.
- The Greenway PlayCubes in Chin Park have been closed until further notice
- Truck schedules for the Greenway Food Truck Program may vary due to the coronavirus (COVID-19); for specific updates please follow us on Twitter
- All Greenway Conservancy programming scheduled until May 4 has been cancelled; we look forward to working with our partners on next steps
For those of you who can safely enjoy The Greenway, we invite you to practice appropriate physical distancing and to:
- Stretch your legs with a walk or run along our 1.5 miles.
- Explore the Conservancy’s online plant list to identify the first spring blooms.
- Discover our current public art, including our Augmented Reality installation throughout the park.
- Unwind with a good book on our organically maintained lawns.
- In the evening, control the color of our Light Blades through The Greenway Color Commons program.
- Take a deep breath and the time you need to connect with nature and the world around you.
For those further afield, our team will begin actively sharing The Greenway’s story digitally for our friends and supporters to bring The Greenway home; be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels as well as our latest blog post to learn more!
Original blog post March 13th. Updated on a regular basis to reflect new information.