Homemade Hometown Poké Bowls
Missing your lunch time favorites in the Greenway Food Truck Program? As we change the way we shop for food and plan our meals, we’re checking in with our trucks to see what they’re offering while off The Greenway and what they’re up to!
Hometown Poké is based in Providence, Rhode Island and their cafe is open and is currently offering online ordering for pickup and delivery in Providence through GrubHub. Can’t make it down to Providence? Buy a giftcard for when they return to vending on The Greenway!
For those that truly can’t wait to get back to their poké, here is an easy at-home recipe for a Spicy Shrimp Poké bowl from our partners, Hometown Poké! We invite you to #BringTheGreenwayHome by testing out this recipe and tag Hometown Poké and The Greenway on social media with your results!
Spicy Shrimp Poké Bowl / Serving Size: 4
- 3 cups of cooked white or brown sushi rice
- 2 cups small or medium sized shrimp
- 2 oz edamame
- 2 oz sweet onion
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 oz scallions
- 1/2 tbs masago
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 tbs Sriracha
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- Cook 1.5 cups of sushi rice. This will yield approx. 3 cups cooked.
- Devein and shell shrimp. Steam shrimp until pink. Allow shrimp to cool.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, Sriracha, and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Add shrimp, edamame, and onion into sauce until well-coated.
- Place cooked rice in four bowls and top with sauced shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, scallion, masago, and avocado.
- Show off your work by posting online and tagging Hometown Poké and The Greenway!