Special Projects Assistant
With new ideas and projects constantly surfacing, Special Projects Assistants contribute time and expertise in the office and provide invaluable support in assisting a variety of departments. This is a flexible volunteer assignment that utilizes the individual skills and experience of the volunteer. Accepted applicants will be assigned to a primary supervisor and department. Schedules and assignments will be discussed between the volunteer and the respective supervisor to accommodate needs of both parties.
The availability of special project work may increase or decrease seasonally. While we ask volunteers to commitment to 3 hours a week for a period of at least one month, there may be times when our needs fluctuate.
Special Project Assistants will work on a variety of projects in various departments, but general responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining files and databases
- Researching program best practices and potential project development
- Analyzing data and trends
- Creating reports and summaries
- Assisting with other projects based on the volunteer’s skills and interests
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexible and hard-working
- Proficient in MS Office
- Commitment to a schedule of 3 hours a week for a period of at least one month; longer commitments are required for some Departments
- All volunteers must complete a general orientation and must follow our volunteer policies at all times, including signing a confidentiality agreement
- Must have email and internet access, as this will be the primary means of scheduling and communication
- Familiarity with The Greenway and the surrounding community preferred
- Experience working in nonprofits, especially with community outreach and environmental missions preferred
Positions for this opportunity are limited and there may be times when we are at full capacity. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and as positions are available.