Zone Garden Assistants
The Greenway Conservancy is committed to sustainable gardening. Divided into 5 distinct park zones, our organic gardens host a variety of plant species and specialized landscapes. Zone Garden Assistants work side-by-side with our horticulture team in these zones to accomplish project goals and maintain our beautiful gardens. Volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per month during the gardening season (the season runs from April-December). Shifts are either Monday or Tuesday mornings from 9a-11:30a.
- Assist Horticulture staff with weekly gardening projects in their zone. This can include weeding, pruning, mulching, planting and more. Volunteers occasionally move zones if project needs change.
- Act as a representative of the park for the public as needed, answering questions about the park, volunteering, and visitor experiences for the public utilizing The Greenway.
- Must have attended at least one Greenway group horticulture project or volunteered in our Demonstration Garden.
- Interest and/or experience in horticulture or botany; some familiarity with plants, plant I.D. and basic horticultural practices preferred but not required.
- Must have email, cell phone and internet access, as this will be the primary means of scheduling and communication.
Zone Volunteer positions are limited. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and as positions are available.