2021 Greenway Fitness Program
We invite you to reconnect and rediscover The Greenway this year through free fitness classes across the park every Monday through Friday, with additional classes taking place on select Saturdays and Sundays. This year offers a range of options including yoga, barre, cardio boxing, and Labyrinth walking; there’s truly something from everyone!
Our Fitness Progam begins on The Greenway on May 24, 2021. Prior to the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions on May 29, participants are required to wear a face-covering as well as sign-up in advance due to capacity restrictions to accommodate social distancing. Instructors may choose to keep some safety precautions in place. Please visit the Greenway Fitness Calendar for specific information on what to expect for each class.
The Conservancy’s sixth year of partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts on the Greenway Fitness Program arrives at the perfect time for residents, visitors, and downtown workers to re-engage with The Greenway’s beautiful spaces and to will connect those safely able to visit the park with free fitness and resources to stretch, strengthen, and unwind this summer.
“We’re excited for another summer of outdoor fun and exercise with the Greenway Fitness Program,” said Jeff Bellows, Vice President of Corporate Citizenship and Public Affairs at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. “Fitness classes in the heart of Boston offer a chance for regular physical activity that is critical to a healthy lifestyle. We want to make it easy and fun to get outside and be active, and we’re thrilled to be working with the Greenway Conservancy to offer classes for folks of all ages, abilities and interests.”
This year’s lineup of FREE classes on The Greenway includes:
- TRAIN X by B/SPOKE, 5:30-6:05p & 6:20-6:55p, May 24-Sept 27*, Dewey Square Lawn
- HIIT by Healthworks, 5:30-6:15p, May 24-Sept 27*, Rowes Wharf Lawn
- Yoga by Healthworks, 6:30-7:30p, May 24-Sept 27*, Atlantic Ave & India Street
*Classes will not occur on May 31, July 4, Sept 6 in observance of holidays
- YOGA by B/SPOKE, 5:30-6:05p & 6:20-6:55p, May 25-Sept 28, Dewey Square Lawn
- Signature Barre by Modern Barre, 5:30-6:30p, June 15, July 20, August 17, North End (North & Cross St)
- Moonlight Yoga by PEACE, 6:00-7:00p, May 26, June 23, Sept 29, Dewey Square Lawn
- UFC Fit on The Greenway, 6:00-7:00p, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 15, Dewey Square Lawn
- Reps Republic by Row Republic, 5:30-6:30p, June 2, June 16, July 14, July 28, August 11, August 25, Atlantic Ave & India Street
- Yoga and Movement by Namastay Sober, 6-7p, May 27, June 10, June 24, July 8, July 22, August 5, August 19, September 2, September 16, Rowes Wharf Lawn
- Moonlight Yoga by PEACE, 6-7p, July 23, Dewey Square Lawn
- HIITBarre by FORMAT, 5:30-6:15p, June 25, July 16, July 30, August 13, August 27, September 10, September 24, North End (Cross & Hanover St)
- Awaken: A Practice by Down Under School of Yoga, 10:30a-11:30a, July 24, Dewey Square Lawn
- Labyrinth Walking Series by Armenian Heritage Park, 2-3p, June 13, July 11, August 1, Armenian Heritage Park
We will also offer several fee-based classes. Proceeds will support the work of the partnering organizations, whose missions are dedicated to representing, supporting, and celebrating Boston’s diverse communities.
- Barre/Pilates Fusion by French Cultural Center, 6-7p, June 11, July 9, August 6, September 17, Atlantic Ave & India St (bilingual in French)
- Cardio Dance by TRILLFIT, 10-11a, June 26, September 25, Rowes Wharf Lawn
- Cardio Boxing by TRILLFIT, 10-11a, August 28, Rowes Wharf Lawn
- Sculpt by TRILLFIT, 10-11a, July 31, Rowes Wharf Lawn
The Conservancy’s Greenway Fitness Program compliments all The Greenway has to discover, including open-air beer and wine gardens, markets, food trucks, contemporary public art, seven unique water features, and more! Organic lawns and gardens invite visitors to unwind, the Greenway Carousel at The Tiffany & Co. Foundation Grove is spinning with a host of native New England creatures, and our free Wi-Fi network continues to stretch the entire 1.5-mile length of The Greenway.
About The Greenway and the Greenway Conservancy (www.rosekennedygreenway.org) The Greenway is the contemporary public park in the heart of Boston. The Greenway welcomes millions of visitors annually to gather, play, unwind, and explore. The Greenway Conservancy is the non-profit responsible for the management and care of The Greenway. The majority of the public park’s annual budget is generously provided by private sources.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (bluecrossma.com) is a community-focused, tax-paying, not-for-profit health plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to the relentless pursuit of quality, affordable health care with an unparalleled consumer experience. Consistent with our promise to always put our members first, we are rated among the nation’s best health plans for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Top – Lauren Hoyerman Photography (B/SPOKE Fitness Studios)
- Middle – Iris MacKinnon Photography (HealthWorks Fitness Summer Series)
- Bottom – Inner City Weightlifting Summer Series